My first long trip in the van, island-hopping up the Outer Hebrides on Caledonian MacBrayne ferries, what a fabulous trip.

Saturday 20 June 2015

Up to Oban, by the sea

I left Willowman festival early, worrying about missing my ferry. It was just as well as the A1 junction was about to close! It rained all the way up to border, and then as soon as I crossed in to Scotland - sun!! Interesting drive through Glasgow, I must go back there soon. 

Good roads mainly but driving along Loch Lomond for took forEVER and must be a nightmare in the summer. A wild drive then over to Oban, with view of snow on the hills.


Loch Lomond


Nice pitch on the campsite at North Ladraig, right on the beach front. It was a big site with loads of facilities so I could shower off the festival muck and get my clothes washed. I charged everything up in readiness, and had a picnic tea. Still lovely and sunny.