My first long trip in the van, island-hopping up the Outer Hebrides on Caledonian MacBrayne ferries, what a fabulous trip.

Sunday 21 June 2015

Oban, and arrival in Outer Hebrides

The view from the van on my first Scottish morning:











It had rained overnight, but held off for a morning last minute shopping in Oban, I bought a nice scarf and a hideously wild tartan pair of gloves. Picnic lunch on the seafront.






The ferry trip took 5 hours, and the scenery for the first half was lovely. I sat on deck as the weather was mild, and saw dolphins. Smooth and comfy trip, and busier than I expected.



We arrived at Castlebay in beautiful sun and I easily found Borve campsite, right on a wild rocky coast. I set up, cooked tea, and watched the sun set at about 10.30pm. Still sunny! But no WiFi.